Friday, March 23, 2012

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

I'm trying to view a report on Report Manager (Reporting Services 2000) that displays Analysis Services (2000) data. I keep getting the following error message:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help

Cannot create a connection to data source 'CubeName'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

I am using Visual Studio 2003 to build the report and I can successfully view the cube and pull data but when I deploy the report and data source to Report Manager I keep getting this error message. I am not using my credentials for the data source I am using a SQL account that is a sys admin and has access to the cube I am trying to view.

Additional Information: Visual Studio - local machine
SQL Server/Analysis Services - Machine A
Reporting Services - Machine B

See this http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=706585&SiteID=1 is any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment