Monday, March 26, 2012

Multiserver Administration Master Server (MSX)

Hi
I am trying to delete some jobs on a SQL Server 2000
database that I have taken over and I am getting the
following error : Error 14274 - Cannot delete a job that
originated from an MSX server.
We only have one server in our organisation and I have
checked and it is not set up as an MSX server.
Please could someone tell me how I can delete these jobs.
Many thanksIt sounds like the server has been renamed at some point. You need to update
sysjobs to reflect the current server name in the originating_server column.
You can use the following procedure to do this
http://sqldev.net/download/sqlagent/sp_sqlagent_rename.sql
--
HTH
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org
"Philip" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:07c001c3d423$352cfaf0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> I am trying to delete some jobs on a SQL Server 2000
> database that I have taken over and I am getting the
> following error : Error 14274 - Cannot delete a job that
> originated from an MSX server.
> We only have one server in our organisation and I have
> checked and it is not set up as an MSX server.
> Please could someone tell me how I can delete these jobs.
> Many thanks
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment