Friday, March 30, 2012

Multivalue Parameter against Oracle 9 datasource?

Everything I have read says that this is possible in Oracle 9 and greater versions, but I can't get it to work...

Here is my query:

select * from employee where employee_id in ('111','222')

This works fine in the data tab until I replace the values with a parameter. I get the pop-up to enter the parameter values but no matter how I enter them, I don't get any rows returned. I've tried entering them as '111','222' and as 111,222 and changing the parameter type from a string to an int, but nothing seems to work.

I am running this on SQL Server RS 2005 and my Oracle driver (Oracle in OraHome92) is version 9.02.

Executing queries with multi-value parameters is not supported on the data tab (through the parameter popup), but you can run the report in preview.

-- Robert

|||I tried it in the preview window but didn't receive any rows on my report. I know there are records for the 2 values I entered. I tried entering it as '111','222' and as 111,222. They are varchar values in the database. Any other suggestions?|||If I changed the datasource type to Oracle, rather than ODBC, I was able to get the multivalue parameter to work correctly.|||

Yes, multi value query parameters are only supported through the "Oracle" data source type (because the SSRS Oracle data extension wrapper performs special handling for multi value query parameters as they are not supported by the underlying Oracle provider).

-- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment