Monday, March 26, 2012

MultiServer SQL 2000 SP3 Administration

Hello,
I am trying to set up multiadministration server, since my company has 2
central cluster servers, with SQL Server 2000 SP3a, and 80 local sql server
2000 SP3a.
I have recently upgraded a central to SP3, and did the same for a local sql
server. Both are in the same domain, started by an special administrator
account for SQL Server services (both SQL Server service and SQL Agent).
I'm thus using Windows authentification. I tried to set up both server for
multiadministration, using SQL queries :
==> EXEC xp_sqlagent_msx_account N'SET', N'', N'', N''
to run multiadministration server under SQL agent account, and then
==>
EXEC sp_grantlogin 'MyDomain\MyUser'
USE msdb
EXEC sp_adduser 'MyDomain\MyUser', MyDomain\MyUser', 'TargetServersRole'
on each server, both central and target (local).
Then I try to set up multiadministration using EM, but the 'Specify MSX
Account' step fails, saying the account I'm using is not a valid MSX Account
.
I can't find any more help on forums and BOL.
Your help will be much appreciated...This message was posted a few weeks
ago, but no answer on the SQL server tools forum. Thanks a lot for your help
.
Xavier MarcatelCheck the section on "Multi-Server Administration" at this link:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/col...oresecurity.asp
Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.
Westwood Consulting, Inc
Most good judgment comes from experience.
Most experience comes from bad judgment.
- Anonymous
"PetitGosaimass" <PetitGosaimass@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:63E1D6DA-68CB-4EAA-88FC-4462FBF9C5F4@.microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I am trying to set up multiadministration server, since my company has 2
> central cluster servers, with SQL Server 2000 SP3a, and 80 local sql
> server
> 2000 SP3a.
> I have recently upgraded a central to SP3, and did the same for a local
> sql
> server. Both are in the same domain, started by an special administrator
> account for SQL Server services (both SQL Server service and SQL Agent).
> I'm thus using Windows authentification. I tried to set up both server for
> multiadministration, using SQL queries :
> ==> EXEC xp_sqlagent_msx_account N'SET', N'', N'', N''
> to run multiadministration server under SQL agent account, and then
> ==>
> EXEC sp_grantlogin 'MyDomain\MyUser'
> USE msdb
> EXEC sp_adduser 'MyDomain\MyUser', MyDomain\MyUser', 'TargetServersRole'
> on each server, both central and target (local).
> Then I try to set up multiadministration using EM, but the 'Specify MSX
> Account' step fails, saying the account I'm using is not a valid MSX
> Account.
> I can't find any more help on forums and BOL.
> Your help will be much appreciated...This message was posted a few weeks
> ago, but no answer on the SQL server tools forum. Thanks a lot for your
> help.
> Xavier Marcatel
>

No comments:

Post a Comment