Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Multi-user issue

I have a medium sized application running on Windows Mobile 5.0 devices.
This app was developed in VS 2005 and uses the Microsoft application blocks
for data access - running a stored proc. This app has been in use for
several years and works well. I've added a class for the unloading of
containers from our overseas operations. This app works well when one user
is scanning cases, but additional users keep getting kicked out. The
original user never has any trouble. When monitoring the SQL profiler I see
the "Audit Logout" message 7 or 8 times each time a user is kicked out. All
other functionality is working fine, we also have nearly 100 pc's running .
Net apps against this database - all with no problems. This one class/stored
proc is the only one giving trouble. The only real difference with this one
is that I am using the "SaveNoTransaction" method instead of the "Save"
method in the application blocks. I've looked at the code in this method and
see no problem there either. Any suggestions? I'm running out of ideas.
ThanksHi
"RickBentley" wrote:
> I have a medium sized application running on Windows Mobile 5.0 devices.
> This app was developed in VS 2005 and uses the Microsoft application blocks
> for data access - running a stored proc. This app has been in use for
> several years and works well. I've added a class for the unloading of
> containers from our overseas operations. This app works well when one user
> is scanning cases, but additional users keep getting kicked out. The
> original user never has any trouble. When monitoring the SQL profiler I see
> the "Audit Logout" message 7 or 8 times each time a user is kicked out. All
> other functionality is working fine, we also have nearly 100 pc's running .
> Net apps against this database - all with no problems. This one class/stored
> proc is the only one giving trouble. The only real difference with this one
> is that I am using the "SaveNoTransaction" method instead of the "Save"
> method in the application blocks. I've looked at the code in this method and
> see no problem there either. Any suggestions? I'm running out of ideas.
> Thanks
>
With the audit logouts I would expect that the connection is deliberately
being closed. Have you got try-catch blocks in the code to trap errors? Have
you also looked at the Errors and Warnings exceptions in Profiler?
John

No comments:

Post a Comment