Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Multiuser Databinding in SQL Server 2000?

Hi

I am developing one multi user application in windows environment using VC++ .NET with SQL Server 2000. How Can I create dataset for multi user data updating in my SQL Server 2000. Where I can get help and sample code?

Thanks

Jose

Jose,

The DataSet is an off-line data cache. The DataAdapter is used to submit the pending changes stored in the DataSet. In the DataAdapter's updating logic, you can specify your own concurrency options to control whether you want to use a "last in wins" approach with only the primary key column(s) in the WHERE clause, or use other columns in the WHERE clause to ensure you don't overwrite changes made by another user.

I hope this information proves helpful.

David Sceppa
ADO.NET Program Manager
Microsoft|||Hi

Thankyou for the nice explanation. One more question how can I write custom primary key value. for example (50710000001) like this. 5 is for year, 07 is for month, 10 is for place, and remaining is unique automatic generating number. How can I write program in SQL Server 2000.

Regards,
Jose

No comments:

Post a Comment