Friday, March 23, 2012

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

Hello....

I have two linked server... (ServerB and ServerC) which reside on ServerA. I am able to connect to the remote database using "Select" statements without any issues.

When I run this query, It is successful:

delete [SERVERB].MyDatabase.dbo.TableName
from [SERVERB].MyDatabase.dbo.TableName t1
Left join MyDatabase.dbo.TableName t2 on ( t1.ID = t2.ID and
t1.EmployeeNumber = t2.EmployeeNumber and
t1.AccountNumber = t2.AccountNumber)
where t2.ID is null;

However, when I change [SERVERB] to [SERVERC], I receive two errors:

"Could not find server 'ELEARN-FRM-BETA' in sysservers. Execute sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sysservers."

And

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "ELEARN-FRM-BETA" returned message "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.".

When I run profiler on ServerC, I see traffic... mainly a whole bunch of exec "sp_cursorfetch" operations, so I know the connection is valid.

Any ideas?

Forch

Sorry... I forgot to mention that all three servers are SQL Server 2005 x64 edition with SP1.

Forch

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment