Friday, March 30, 2012

Multivalue Parameter SQL Server 2005 SP1

Hello, I've installed SP1 for SQl Server 2005 and I noticed that the option "Select all" on a multi value parameter drop down (using web browser) is missing. Even if I can see it on VS 2005.....
Anyone can help me?
Thank you very much.I rely on the 'Select All' capability as well. How can I get it back now that I've upgraded to SP1?|||

I finally found the answer on this. SP1 removes the 'Select All' capability previously applied when choosing the 'multi-value' option on a parameter list. Could not easily find this in the Release Notes.

I finally found it by looking through the updated version of the 'Books Online'. I must admit I understand the logic behind changing things here and the revised approach will make for more efficient queries (at the expense of recoding) - but it would be nice to know things prior to installing the SP - not after.

FYI - if, like me you develop on one system, and deploy to another, you can continue to develop on 2005/SP1, deploy to a 2005/non-SP1 system and things will work as before. Once you update the deployment target system to 2005/SP1 - the option is gone and you'll have to go back and do the parameter dataset recoding as outlined in the updated Books Online.

Bob

|||

Where did you find this information in Books Online? Can you provide a link? I'd like to take a closer look, because we also use this feature (which is admittedly funky) extensively.

Joe

|||

There is updated BOL contents available on MSDN which explains how to change SQL-based queries to simulate the "ALL" element: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155917.aspx (scroll to the section about "Adding an All Member to a Multivalue Parameter").

-- Robert

|||

i believe there is also a hotfix available for this problem

|||

Do you have a link to the hotfix?

michael

|||http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918222|||

Thank you very much.

Michael

|||

Hello,

I faced the problem that on my development server <select all> was displaying and on the production it was not due to SP2 on development compared to SP1 on production.

SP2 was then loaded on the production server and rebooted the machine even then the <select all> cannot be seen. Would i need to reload the report or any futher fixes.

I know I am close to reaching a solution

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment