Friday, March 23, 2012

multiplue UI Report Tables using exact same dataset ?

Is there an easier way to manage the table UI element on the report. For
example in my report I have a table for the header info and the data, the
data uses maybe 10 columns and we could be perhapps adding more columns
(fields) to it in the future. The header uses 4 columns. It's a pain
because everytime I add a column to the main report details I have to go up
and fix the header and merge the appropriate cells to get it back to 4 cells
in the header. Is there not a way to use multiple table elements but they
both use the same dataset,. When I say same dataset, I dont mean a copy of
the same dataset, I want it to use the same dataset without the query
running twice for each table.
You guys know what I mean?
Possible ?Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean!
Is the table header a seperate table from the 'data' table?
Are they using the same dataset or not?
If the header and data are in fact seperate tables, then why are you
doing it like that, you seem to be making extra work for yourself!
If two tables use the same dataset the query would only be run once.
Chris
D Witherspoon wrote:
> Is there an easier way to manage the table UI element on the report.
> For example in my report I have a table for the header info and the
> data, the data uses maybe 10 columns and we could be perhapps adding
> more columns (fields) to it in the future. The header uses 4
> columns. It's a pain because everytime I add a column to the main
> report details I have to go up and fix the header and merge the
> appropriate cells to get it back to 4 cells in the header. Is there
> not a way to use multiple table elements but they both use the same
> dataset,. When I say same dataset, I dont mean a copy of the same
> dataset, I want it to use the same dataset without the query running
> twice for each table.
> You guys know what I mean?
> Possible ?

No comments:

Post a Comment