Friday, March 23, 2012

Multiple-page reports

Please help! I've been banging my head on this for too long...

I have an invoice report, and I need it to print 4 copies of itself. It's not as simple as increasing the printer copy count, as each copy needs a label ("Customer Copy", "Remit Copy", etc.).

There's just one another limitation: I do not own VB studio. I'm hoping there is a solution within CR itself. If not, is there any app (not expensive, of course) out there that can do this for me? Or can I use VBA from MS Office?

I've tried using a subreport as well, but the application that calls on CR apparently doesn't like subreports.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you fellow gurus!Hi

There are 2 options for you,

1. You can hve 4 different reports with different labels and you can print these 4 reports. (Not recommended)

2. You can have only 1 report and pass the value of the label when u are calling the report. Here u need to call the report 4 times with different label values. (Even I m using the same logic)|||Thanks for the feedback, but I still have a problem...

1. Multiple files, as you say, would not be recommended. I agree.

2. Thus I started something as you alternatively suggest. But I need to know... How can I automate the passing of the label? The end-user should not be incumbent to enter these values. How can I get record 1 to print 4 times (that is, with each corresponding label), and then proceed likewise through the remainder of the recordset? Is this possible using only CR?

Please advise! Thank you!
Manuelsql

No comments:

Post a Comment