Saturday, February 25, 2012

Multiple selects on PArameter drop down

I have a parameter dropdown as USERID.

I want a functionality that the user can selct multiple userid's to show more than one record as output for comparison purpose.

How can i achieve this multiple select (i.e cntrl+click) within parameter dropdown.

Thanks,

Kiran.

In the report parameters window, check the 'Multi-value' box on your UserID parameter. In the available values section, you can type the possible values, or query the database to get the list.

You will also need to take the multiple values into account on your data query, you'll need to use 'IN' instead of '=' on your where clause for UserID.

This will show on the report as a drop down, where the user can check which values to run the report with.

Hope this helps,

Jarret

|||

Thank you Jarret.

I cannot find teh checkbox for 'multi-value'' allowed . I am using reporting services 2000 on visual Studios.NET 2003 SQL Server 2000.

Is this an issue for me only. I have the checkboxes for allow null values and allow blank values for the userid parameter.

thanks.

|||

Sorry, I had assumed that you were running RS 2005. In Reporting Services 2000, a report parameter can only be defined to allow the user to enter a single value.

Jarret

|||

Thanks Jarret,

Is there a wor around that I should be trying.

Appreciate the time.

|||

Hmmm...

You could try changing the parameter type to string and make your data query use 'IN', then have the user type a comma delimited list. I haven't tried it, but you might be able to get it to work.

Jarret

|||Did this work for you?|||

This did not work for me. I shifted to 2005 and implemented it.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment