Monday, February 20, 2012

Multiple Resultset limit?

Is there a limit to the number of result sets that a SQL query can return at one time?Can a query return more than one result set ? Or, do you mean is there a limit to the number of rows in a result set ?

Cheers
Martin|||Yes, I know that a single query can return multiple result sets.

I'm asking if anyone knows if the number of result sets a single query can return has a limit.

I had a stored procedure that returned something like 23 result sets, and I had to split it up into two seperate stored procedures that each returned half the result sets because my code would error trying to access the last ones. My code as in VB6 so there could just be a limit to the number of result sets from a single query that VB6/ADO can handle.|||Is it possible that some of your result sets contain identical column names? I'm wondering if there is some conflict with the DataAdapter TableMappings?

Martin|||Like I said, this was a problem I was experiencing with VB6/ADO, so there's no DataAdapter like in .NET.

No comments:

Post a Comment