Monday, February 20, 2012

Multiple rows inserations

A normal insert statement allows us to insert one row at a time. But I would like to know if it is possible to insert many rows in a single SQL statement.I am NOT asking about the BCP or the Bulk insert option, because my data is not in any kind of file. My requirement is to insert 6 rows into a table at one shot.
Is this possible?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajithamol

A normal insert statement allows us to insert one row at a time. But I would like to know if it is possible to insert many rows in a single SQL statement.I am NOT asking about the BCP or the Bulk insert option, because my data is not in any kind of file. My requirement is to insert 6 rows into a table at one shot.
Is this possible?


In what format is you data? You could probably write a procedure to insert more rows

No comments:

Post a Comment